Here are some tips to protect yourself online:
- Ensure your passwords aren’t based on personal information that could be easily discovered or guessed, such as your date of birth.
- Change your passwords at least every two months.
- Change your Internet Banking password immediately on a non-infected device if your computer has been infected with a virus or malicious software.
- Never record your passwords and store them in an unsecure place.
- NEVER click on links in emails claiming to be an Internet Banking link.
- If using a public computer, ensure your private details are protected and remember to log off at the end of your session.
- When making payments online, look for a "padlock" icon in your web browser to indicate the site is secure.
- Never supply your account or card details online unless you have initiated the transaction.
- Never follow a link in an email asking for your account or card details.
- Activate the email confirmation option for Internet Banking transactions to help monitor your account.